Saturday, March 4, 2017

How to get your License back from a Speeding Violation

Speeding Violation

TOP

Last February 25, 2017, On our way to Our Lady of Manaoag we were flagged down by LTO officials on our exit to SCTEX, according to the officer we were doing 128 kph and was over the speed limit (100 kph), We asked for a photo as proof but none was provided. He said that plenty were being caught so it will take time to send the photo to us. He instead gave us a  leaflet stating the email address customer_service@tollways.net.ph but until now, none has been sent to us.

I then surrendered my license and was issued the citation ticket on the left. :( , In retrospect I shouldn't have handed over my license until the photo was shown to me. This ticket will serve as a temporary license while settling the fees involved because of the violation. I was given 72 hours for me to claim my license back.

Since I didn't have time to go to LTO east avenue, I asked my wife to claim it for me. We were unsure how much it would cost but according to the officer, around PHP 1,000 +, no seminar. Did further researcg, heres what the net said:
1st offense - 1,000
2nd offense - 2,000
3rd offense - 10,000

I was afraid that we would have to pay 10K since this wasn't my 1st time being caught, my 1st one was way back in 2010, 2nd one around 2014 and this one 2017, I wasn't sure if there was a "cleansing period" of some sort. Asked among friends from MSCP and they said, around 1 year interval daw. Still unsure I had my wife go to LTO east avenue and here are the steps she followed:

LTO East Avenue Facade
Step 1. Go to LTO Compound East Avenue, within the compound go to the Letas Building located at the far end upon entry.


Step 2. Surrender TOP, Authorization Letter, Photocopy of IDs, (2 copies each)  at the entrance of the building. Photo above you can see the entrance, that small door with light on it. :)

Step 3. Wait for your name to be called. Wait time was an approximately 15 minutes, surprisingly fast. She came on a Wednesday.


Resolution Form along with the TOP
Step 4. Resolution form (see photo above) will be given which will indicate the amount to be paid.

Step 5. Payment Time. - Go to Window 8, located at the building just across Letas, weirdly you need to enter a "Chapel" and there you will find the payment counter. Sorry We don't have actual photo of it, here's one I got from the internet though. (Credits to donpoyo.com) for the photo above.


Step 6. Once paid, you will get the resolution form stamped and the receipt. Now proceed back to Letas building 2nd floor, fill out a claim stub, and wait for your name to be called.... Waited for 30 minutes and then license was finally released. :)

I wasn't sure if we just got lucky or what but wait time was not that long. I read through forums and other people's experience and some had to wait the whole day. Anyway, hope this helps.

Lesson Learned: Always, Always, Always be cautious with your speed when passing through expressways.

TOTAL Time Spent from Start to Finish: 2 hours 45 minutes
11:00 am - Marquee to GMA Kamuning - 1.45 hours
12:45 pm - MRT Kamuning to LTO - 15 min walk
1:00 pm - Claiming Process - 45 minutes
1:45 pm - Done.

Total Cost: PHP 1,521.63
Bus Fare - php 260
Bus Fare - php 12
LTO Fine - php 1,077.63
Jollibbee - php 172





No comments:

Post a Comment